[systemd-devel] /usr on separate file system

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Feb 25 10:09:49 PST 2011

Matthew Miller (mattdm at mattdm.org) said:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 04:23:27PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Well, it hasn't been working correctly in ages. It's really not new
> > policy we came up with here. It's just a warning to the user that setups
> > like this will break. End of story.
>
> Is this flagged for the Fedora 15 release notes?

Speaking as a non-systemd maintainer, IMO:

- Issues that arise with separate /usr should likely be fixed
- It is still not recommended, and should be discouraged.

Note that this is the case where both / and /usr are still local
filesystems. I'm perfectly willing to declare local-/ and network-/usr
unsupported, becuase, really, just netboot your system.

Bill