[systemd-devel] How to Test systemd on F14?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Jan 1 11:22:49 PST 2011

On Thu, 30.12.10 08:28, Garry T. Williams (gtwilliams at gmail.com) wrote:

Heya,

As mentioned by other folks our focus is definitely systemd on F15, and
hence we'd like to ask everybody who is willing to test systemd to do so
in F15. The version in F14 is out-of-date by now, and bug reports
against it would be of little use for us. We want focus our energy on
F15, and hence that's what we'd like to ask everybody to test!

>     [root at vfr ~]# telinit 5
>     telinit: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection
>     refused
>     [root at vfr ~]# init 5
>     init: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection
>     refused
>     [root at vfr ~]#

Having said what I wrote above this particular problem is that you still
have the upstart sysv compat userspace around, and need to install
systemd-sysvinit to get the systemd sysv compat userspace.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.