[systemd-devel] lighttp unit - graceful reload of configfiles by sending signal to $MAINPID

Marius Tolzmann tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de
Tue Jan 11 08:30:01 PST 2011

hi..

On 01/11/11 16:11, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> When the config is bad and the additional ExecReload line is present,
> systemd does tell me that reload failed. So I have a good reason to
> check syslog, and even am suggested by systemd to do so.

sorry my fault 8).. i thought it was silently failing and you have to
check syslog for errors..

>> At last: Isn't that something lighttpd should take care off? Or the
>> user should test before issuing a reload? Or a small script can do?
>
> Isn't one of the points of systemd to eliminate such small scripts?

Mirkos ExecConfigTest= idea seems to solve this issue perfectly.. what i
really like: now the configtest-procedure only has to be defined once..
and so your unit file will be more readable compared to the very first
version..

thanks for the unit file.. i will use it soon 8)

cheers, marius..