[systemd-devel] Problem with LVM

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sat Jan 15 18:29:43 PST 2011

Hi,

I wanted to test LVM when using systemd, but it seems something
essential is missing on my test box.

Here is what I tried:

Our sysv lvm init script provides an LSB header, so it gets executed
early on boot and executes 'vgchange -a y'. That makes /dev/myvg/mylv
available at the time systemd tries to fsck + mount /lvm (mount point)
based on fstab. Given that /dev/myvg/mylv is a symlink, (I think)
systemd does not realise the device is plugged, so after a timeout it
prints:

Starting /lvm failed.
Starting File System Check on /dev/myvg/mylv failed.

Based on 'systemctl --full |grep device' output, a workaround may be to
use /dev/dm-0 in fstab, but that's obviously not something I would like
to do, since that's not persistent.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks.