[systemd-devel] systemd hang on booting after mount

Chanwoo Choi cwchoi00 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:05:39 PST 2011

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Mon, 17.01.11 22:57, 최찬우 (cwchoi00 at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Dear members,
>>

>> I want to use 'systemd' instead of old init process.
>> Then I builded successfully "systemd-16" source in armel enviroment.
>>
>> Let me know the solution for this error.
>> I will expect for your reply.
>
> The only guess I can make is that your kernel is lacking cgroups support
> which however is essential for systemd. (You also need to enable
> autofs4 and devtmpfs)
>
> Lennart

I know that systemd required kernel option(cgroup, devtmpfs, automount)
(Reference to : http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Systemd)
I test systemd on 2.6.36-kernel.

The kernel option enabled following options:

General Setup -->
	[*] Control Group support -->
		[ ] Example debug cgoup subsystem
		[ ] Namespace cgroup subsystem
		[ ] Freezer cgroup subsystem
		[ ] Device controller for cgroups
		[ ] Cpuset support
		[ ] Simple CPU accouting cgroup subsystem
		[ ] Resource counters
		[*] Group CPU scheduler
		< > Block IO controller

Device Drivers -->
	Generic Driver Options -->
		[*] Maintain a devtmpfs filesystem to mount at /dev
		[*]   Automount devtmpfs at /dev, after the kernel mounted the rootfs

File systems -->
	< > Kernel automounter support
	<*> Kernel automounter version 4 support (also supports v3)

But, I faced this error. How do I solve this issue?

Thanks you,
Chanwoo Choi