[systemd-devel] When is executed the dbus-daemon?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Jan 20 16:33:43 PST 2011

On Fri, 21.01.11 09:06, 최찬우 (cwchoi00 at gmail.com) wrote:

> 2011/1/20 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
>
> > On Thu, 20.01.11 20:42, Chanwoo Choi (cw00.choi at samsung.com) wrote:
> >
> > Heya,
> >
> > > When booting, I have following error msg:
> > >
> > > [    3.911553] systemd[1]: Failed to get system D-Bus connection,
> > retrying later: Failed to connect to socket /var/r
> > > un/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
> > > [    3.924594] systemd[1]: Failed to get API D-Bus connection, retrying
> > later: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/
> > > dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
> >
> > As mentioned in my other mail you may (and should) ignore this safely.
> >
> > > What is executing the dbus-daemon ?
> >
> > Upstream dbus comes with systemd service files which should be used to
> > start dbus.
> >

> Do you mean that I add the service to execute dbus-daemon?
> The added service should include dbus-daemon. Is it right?

Hmm?

What I was saying is that if you compile and install D-Bus 1.4 on a
system with systemd installed it will automatically install the right
systemd unit files for the system bus to the right places. Everything
should work then:

19 [lennart at epsilon] ~/git/dbus (master)$ rpm -ql dbus | grep systemd
/lib/systemd/system/dbus.service
/lib/systemd/system/dbus.socket
/lib/systemd/system/dbus.target.wants/dbus.socket
/lib/systemd/system/messagebus.service
/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/dbus.service
/lib/systemd/system/sockets.target.wants/dbus.socket

(If you build an OS from scratch you might need to break the build dep
loop however, by manually forcing installation of the systemd unit files
of D-Bus by passing --with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/systemd to
dbus' configure script)

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.