[systemd-devel] Repeated service stop/start accumulates process in status output

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jan 24 12:58:01 PST 2011

On Sun, 23.01.11 18:44, Andrey Borzenkov (arvidjaar at gmail.com) wrote:

> Somewhat unexpected; is it really intentional?

Yes.

We keep track of the exit codes of evrey configured binary of a service,
and show these all in the output of "systemctl status".

This is admittedly a bit confusing since it isn't shown in your version
of sstemctl which binary that is. However, starting with v17 we actually
show if a binary is defined via "ExecStart" or "ExecStop" or anything
else.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.