[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 32

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Jul 28 20:10:02 PDT 2011

Heya,

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-32.tar.bz2

Primarily bugfixes, and one really cool improvement: we can now load the
SELinux policy without having to reexecute ourselves. This is much
prettier and saves up to 70ms or so. I also added some basic profiling
output for SELinux which unfortunately shows that SELinux costs around
5s on every boot on f16 (and that on my really fast machine!). Sad.

Look for output like this:

[   10.727004] systemd[1]: Successfully loaded SELinux policy in 3s 270ms 896us.
[   10.769204] systemd[1]: Successfully loaded SELinux database in 41ms 700us, size on heap is 460K.
[   11.943903] systemd[1]: Relabelled /dev and /run in 1s 125ms 738us.

Kay Sievers (1):
      update TODO

Lennart Poettering (11):
      logind: properly write user state files
      dbus: the changes array might actually be NULL when ti is empty
      label: generalize label_get_socket_label_from_exe() a bit
      main: profile unit file loading
      main: redirection to telinit is unnecessary if sysv compat is disabled
      selinux: use setcon() instead of reexec to apply selinux policy
      selinux: mount /sys, /proc, /dev before we load the SELinux policy
      sd-login: return size of arrays as return value in functions that generate an array
      build-sys: prepare new release
      nspawn: properly bind mount /sys/fs/selinux into container, since /selinux moved there
      git: hide org.freedesktop.systemd1.policy.in

Michael Biebl (3):
      Link against -lcap only where required
      Don't show a warning message in non-enforcing mode.
      Remove a stray empty line

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.