[systemd-devel] [HEADSUP] We no longer spawn 6 gettys by default

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Wed Jun 29 06:18:17 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 14:54, Christian Gagneraud <chris at techworks.ie> wrote:
> On 29/06/11 13:45, Koen Kooi wrote:

>>> The embedded folks.
>>
>> Indeed! The first thing I did with systemd was to get serial console
>> working :)
>
> Same here. Serial console is really *critical* in the embedded world.

No worry, systemd standardized on util-linux's agetty for all getty
uses. Agetty even got some features merged from mingetty recently.

Mingetty is not used and there is no plan to do so in systemd's
default setup. People are free to replace the default with their own
service files locally though.

Kay