[systemd-devel] systemd and sshd.socket/sshd at .service

Mirco Tischler mircotischler at gmx.net
Wed Mar 16 18:21:14 PDT 2011

Am 17.03.2011 01:13, schrieb Lennart Poettering:

>> Ok. I'm add corresponding params to kernel cmdline. After sometime i
>> get on screen messages like in attached image
> Your sshd seems to return exit with a non-zero exit code just indicating
> a failure of some kind. use "ExecStart=-/foo/bar" instead of
> "ExecStart=/foo/bar" to spawn a process and ignore if it fails.
>
> Lennart

The most likely failure here is an authentication failure. sshd exits
with exit code 254(afair) in that case if in inet mode. This caused the
very same problem (sshd.socket shutting down) for me on a machine that
was accessable from the internet where I get a few hundred failed login
attempts per day.

Mirco