[systemd-devel] Effect of pam_systemd on non-login type applications

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:53:04 PDT 2011

I'm about to enable pam_systemd globally, but now I am a bit unsure
where should it go in. I'd rather put it in default system-auth which
is included by most other modules; but it also includes some modules
that I am not sure what they do. So could having pam_systemd (in
default configuration - i.e. no kills) - have any ill effect on

Regarding non-default configuration - is it possible to override
global configuration in a module? I.e. is this valid:

session require pam_systemd.so

session include system-auth
session require pam_systemd.so kill-session=1