[systemd-devel] Improve boot-time of systemd

fykcee1 at gmail.com fykcee1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 19:28:15 PDT 2011

2011/3/29 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
> On Tue, 29.03.11 03:36, fykcee1 at gmail.com (fykcee1 at gmail.com) wrote:
>> To make boot fast, it seems udev's coldplug do too much jobs -- what I
>> expect is only coldplug local block devices and tty in that stage.
>> This can save ~2s in my boot test.
>>
>> Is it possible to support .device unit files?
>
> Hmm?
>
> Note sure I understand the question, but for a .device unit to show up
> in systemd it must be tagged "systemd" in udev, which only can happen
> when the device was triggered after udev is started.

I've already known that currently systemd can only add .device units
from udev. My question was "Is it suitable for systemd to add supports
of loading .device units from .device unit files in
/lib/systemd/system ?"

What I expect is something like:
My_machine.target.wants/dev-sda1.device <or generate from /etc/fstab>
My_machine.target.wants/dev-sda2.device
My_machine.target.wants/dev-tty1.device

--
Regards,