[systemd-devel] [RFC] merging the rest of CK into systemd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon May 2 15:52:17 PDT 2011

Heya,

here's a little document Kay and I put together outlining our rough
plans for systemd for the next Fedora cycle:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_ev4f0gwBuvs6SH_N8fN5LO4LV3sbwtJsLq52F_wwpU/edit?hl=en&authkey=CObM_7UI

It mostly focusses on cleaning up seat and login management for users,
i.e. the first big steps in bringing systemd to user sessions. On the
way want to fix multi-seat support properly and running services outside
of a session, and we will get rid of CK.

The good news for embeded folks: all of this will be implemented in a
tiny new dbus service "systemd-logind", which can easily be removed for
minimal setups, when tracking unprivileged user logins is unnecessary.

Anway, we post this here as RFC, and to give you folks an idea what
we'll do next.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.