[systemd-devel] device units rely on udev rules?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue May 10 05:14:53 PDT 2011

On Tue, 10.05.11 14:11, Harald Hoyer (harald.hoyer at gmail.com) wrote:

> >>[  122.891967]<27>udevd[88]: unable to receive ctrl connection: Function not implemented
> >>
> >>Time to rebuild eglibc I guess.
> >
> >Hmm, does your kernel lack AF_UNIX/SOCK_SEQPACKET support?
> >
> >Lennart
> >

> Might be time, for a .config list of required features :-)

Neither accept4 nor AF_UNIX/SOCK_SEQPACKET are optional kernel
features. However, they are relatively new kernel features and some
archs had trouble keeping up in enabling them even though the code
exists in the kernel.

Currently our README mentions that we need kernel >= 2.6.30. It might
make sense to include another line mentioning that on ARM/MIPS/others
you need an even newer one.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.