[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 188

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Aug 9 13:59:08 PDT 2012

Hi,

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 09/08/12 11:32 did gyre and gimble:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-188.tar.xz

I seem to get logind/loginctl issues with this release.

Just installing this and logging in with gdm means that my session (as
listed in loginctl) is not listed as active (which obviously breaks ACLs
etc).

If I try and manually activate my session (as my user or root) I get:

$ loginctl activate 2
Failed to issue method call: No such device or address

This could indicate a problem with the dbus tidy ups perhaps? Didn't see
anything obvious when I looked at the logind related commits however.

v187 is fine.

Cheers

Col

--