[systemd-devel] diverting HandlePowerKey

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Aug 16 05:16:27 PDT 2012

On 16/08/2012 12:47, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:
>
> It'd be a bit better if the button/lid events were handled by a
> program running inside the Openbox session (the events can be read
> from /run/acpid.socket).

I'm not exactly sure here, but aren't the standard power events in systemd
handled by a daemon running outside openbox?

I thought that the handler kinds eg no-session, tty-session, any-session were
supposed to allow some control over whether I can switch off the machine with
other users logged on etc etc. Perhaps with cgroups those sorts of capabilities
can be passed on to another program.

Openbox is actually running as a user process so it has no greater rights than
the user; that makes the use of a more capable daemon a bit more reasonable.
--
Robin Becker