[systemd-devel] systemd security issue

Damian Ivanov damianatorrpm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 23:21:30 PDT 2012

Hi all,

With Fedora having automatic multiseat support, I tried it and had the
following issues

We've encountered some issues I would consider as somehow security
(not like root access, but one user can interfer other users) ones :

    a) In the gnome-control-center==> Color Management you can play
with the settings of a monitor attached to another seat.
    b) When having two user logged the suspend options conflict.
        e.g USER 1: lower brightness on monitor if idle for 5 minutes
              USER 2: user is working.
              ==> No problem. User 1 - Seat 1 monitor's brightness is
correctly lowered on User2's not

              USER 1: Suspend is set to 5 minutes and USER 1 goes for
a cigarette or at lunch :)
              USER 2: Is working
        ===> Whole workstation suspend after 5 minutes while USER 2 is working

PS: Lennart,
I know not everybody can be on every mailing list, but I wrote to your
address provided at your blog, to the
one you use for fedora-devel list and wrote to the whole Fedora
mailing list, any way I can improve communication with you?

If you have some pluggable HW for us, we won't say no, in case it
suits our need a friend of mine and me
will be selling pre-configured fedora multiseat machines in Bulgaria.

Cheers,
Damian