[systemd-devel] eudev fork and patches there

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Mon Dec 17 03:17:05 PST 2012

Hi,

eudev has made a project annoucement [1], and I thought it would be
worthwhile to go through their patches and cherry-pick. I've now done
that (until cc5c144a70fc37e 'Merge pull request #32') and the results
regarding patches which can be used directly are not very impressive:
one patch to fix clang warnings. There are quite a few
build/compiler-warning in their tree, but they just seem to be fixes
for problems introduced with their changes.

Potentially usefull would also be the patch c189ab 'Fix unused result
warnings', but it would be good if somebody familar with the code took
a look if it is enough to print warnings (or even if they should be
printed) or some more definite action should be taken.

Also potentially usefull are the changes to allow 'make distcheck'
without gtk-doc, but they are spread out over multiple commits in a
messy way, so could only be used as inspiration.

There's also nice patch bfc850 'Add fallback path when accept4() is
not available.' Do we care about kernels < 2.6.28? (This version is
according to man accept4(2), patch text mentions different versions.)

Zbyszek

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/81901