[systemd-devel] Hybrid-sleep needs to be executed bu superuser

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Mon Dec 17 12:48:34 PST 2012

Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> on Mon, 2012/12/17 21:33:
> Federico Di Pierro <nierro92 at gmail.com> on Mon, 2012/12/17 21:19:
> > Hi!
> > I'm using systemd 196 on my archlinux, with linux 3.7.0 .
> > I found out that "systemctl hybrid-sleep" needs to be ran as root. While
> > my session is active (using systemd-logind feature), and in fact i can
> > hibernate/poweroff/suspend with my normal user. But hybrid-sleep still
> > requires superuser privileges.
> > Is there any reason?
> > Thanks for your time!
>
> I suppose this is just polkit missing the correct rules. Take a look
> at /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.login1.policy and add the
> block needed. I will take a look tomorrow if you did not success till then.

Damn, I was wrong... Polkit has anything it needs, if a system is allowed to
hibernate it is also allowed to hybrid-sleep (from polkit's point of view).
Probably Mantas' solution works, take a look at his post.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)