[systemd-devel] What unit file should I depend on?

Mike Kazantsev mk.fraggod at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 03:18:38 PST 2012

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 02:11:07 -0800
"Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <rudd-o at rudd-o.com> wrote:

> I have a question:
>
> I need to initialize and mount ZFS pool that is backed by storage devices that
> are not initialized during very early boot (encrypted LUKS, LVM pools not
> needed for boot, DMRAID devices).

LUKS: After=cryptsetup.target
LVM: afaik distro-specific, but I guess it's something like After=lvm2.service
DMRAID: no idea

> This ZFS process after storage initialization will happen in a service unit.
> Question is: what unit file should I set in the After= field for my unit?

Note that you should also need DefaultDependencies=false

> Also, how do I make a unit file active all the time, without having to do
> systemctl enable XXX.unit?

"systemctl enable" tells systemd to activate unit on the next boot,
usually you should not need to do it more than once.

Maybe RemainAfterExit=true is what you're looking for?

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net