[systemd-devel] Requires too weak, BindTo too strong

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Feb 1 11:26:32 PST 2012

On Wed, 01.02.12 19:13, Chris Paulson-Ellis (chris at edesix.com) wrote:

> On 01/02/12 19:07, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >On Wed, 01.02.12 18:54, Chris Paulson-Ellis (chris at edesix.com) wrote:
> >
> >>Is there some way to get the client to always restart when server
> >>restarts, for whatever reason?
> >
> >No, there isn't. But what you describe is something I consider a bug,
> >and to fix this has been on the TODO list for a while. i.e. a server
> >dying and being restarted should still cause all services depending on
> >it to restart.
> >
> >Hence: expect this to be fixed for you soon, so that BindTo works as
> >expected.
>
> Okay, thanks. Is there a bugzilla I can monitor so I know when to
> ditch whatever workaround I come up with?

Nope, not really. We only have the TODO file in systemd git. But you
can't really subscribe to that.

We do have a bugzilla though:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=systemd

Please consider just creating a bug there, referencing this mail thread
and I'll make sure to keep it up to date.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.