[systemd-devel] [RFC] link against util-linux for fstab parsing

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Feb 20 06:31:01 PST 2012

On Fri, 17.02.12 16:47, Dave Reisner (d at falconindy.com) wrote:

> Based on the premise that we shouldn't develop a case of NIH, link
> against a library whose sole purpose in life is parsing tab files.

Hmmm, using the glibc api setmntent() is hardly NIH, is it?

I am not strictly against this, but I'd like to have good reasons for
this. Right now I see on the side against this:

- adds another dependency
- code isn't really any shorter than right now

On the pro side:

- ??

Dave, Karel, can you fill in any reasons here? If not I think we
shouldn't apply this patch...

> Curious if something like this is wanted -- it's 90% complete, but there's no
> sense in finishing it up if it's not interesting. I'd like to be able to get
> rid of the fstab_node_to_udev_node() function but that would likely require
> linking against libblkid in cryptsetup-generator.

I am not sure about this? What's wrong with fstab_node_to_udev_node()?

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.