[systemd-devel] Documentation question

David Lambert dave at lambsys.com
Wed Feb 29 04:00:26 PST 2012

On 02/28/2012 10:09 PM, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> Do you have the folder /var/log/journal on your system?
>
> If it exists, systemd-journald will write logs there, otherwise it will
> write them to /run/journal
>
> And since /run is mounted as tmpfs, that could explain the memory usage
> you are seeing?

Thanks Mathieu - that was the issue! Two more questions, however:

1) What is the preferred method for turning off logging, or at least
redirecting it to /dev/null? I have an embedded system with very limited
resources.

2) What is the best resource for systemd documentation? For example, I
still have not found a man page for systemd-journald.conf

Dave.