[systemd-devel] customized shutdown service needed

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Feb 29 08:25:21 PST 2012

On Tue, 28.02.12 20:37, Burkhard Kayser (kayser-b-2011 at t-online.de) wrote:

Please stop sending HTML email to this mailing list. HTML mail is not
acceptable on this mailing list. Sorry.

>    Hi
>    I tried as well the following configuration. My script shall be started
>    before ANY other service is shut down.

We do not support "catchall" ordering like this. It is simply logically
broken to allow more than one service to run before "all" others. This
cannot and will never work.

What we do support is a couple of milestones, which may be used to order
yourself against, but these are minimal, since we want to emphasize
parallelization and that proper dependencies are configured.

At shutdown these milestones are "shutdown.target" (all main services
are stopped before this target is reached) and "final.target" (reached
immediately before we exec the utility that invokes the reboot() syscall).

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.