[systemd-devel] sysfs regression: wrong link counts

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Tue Jan 31 04:44:11 PST 2012

Jiri Slaby <jslaby at suse.cz> writes:

> Oh, we are not going to break userspace with 3.3, are we?

No.  This code is currently scheduled for 3.4.

> I understand
> that what sensors do is nothing but sh*t. But this change should wait
> until everybody has a chance to have fixed sensors package in their
> distribution.
>
> To be clear, what I'm suggesting is to postpone the change and schedule
> it for something like 3.7.

The sensors update with the fix is scheduled for about a week out, well
before 3.3 ships.

The code in next for 3.4 is perhaps 4-6 months out from a kernel
release.  That seems like plenty of time for distros to get an update
package for sensors together.

Eric