[systemd-devel] many systemd errors after adduser via chroot on fc 17 install

Floydsmith at aol.com Floydsmith at aol.com
Tue Jul 17 14:11:17 PDT 2012

anaconda kickstart unattended unstallation does not work in fedora  core 17
(or at least for my boot method situation) - so, I am trying to write a
shell script that will be ran on a fc 16 installed machine that will simulate
what kickstart does so that I can do unattended installs.
I have ran  into a systemd problem when I try to create some user accounts
using:
mkdir /chroot_mnt_point
mount /dev/$FC_17_ROOT_DEVICE  /chroot_mnt_point
#example: /dev/sda11
chroot /chroot_mnt_point /usr/sbin/adduser -d/home/user1 -G0,3 -o -u0
-s/bin/bash user1
# the user does get created  as evidenced by creation of /home/user1
touch  /chroot_mnt_point/.autorelabel
But when I try to boot the new fc  installation machine, I get many systemd
errors and the machine  hangs.
The first says check status of systemd-tmpfiles-setup
I  think these errors are from syslinux but I forced a relabel, so, in the
past,  this kind of problem would be fixed on  boot.
Floyd,