[systemd-devel] journald API documentation

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jun 27 02:28:20 PDT 2012

On Tue, 26.06.12 17:31, David Strauss (david at davidstrauss.net) wrote:

> I would like to document the native journald API with some usage
> examples. Would this be best handled in the form of a man page,
> comments in the main header file, or elsewhere?

Awesome, much appreciated!

I think this would be best done in the same way as sd-daemon and
sd-login are already handled: as man pages, with one introductory page
sd-journal(7) plus individual mn pages for the function calls. The
function calls should be grouped so that similar calls get a single man
page only. For exampe, sd_journal_open() and sd_journal_close() should
be a single man page, or sd_journal_previous(), sd_journal_next(),
sd_journal_previous_skip() and sd_journal_next_skip() be another.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.