[systemd-devel] systemd numbers for Debian Sid/unstable system (was: How do I disable old init.d scripts?)

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 05:50:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

2012/6/27 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
> On Wed, 27.06.12 12:18, Paul Menzel (paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net) wrote:
>
>> checkroot.service                      static
>
> Should be redundant, done by systemd-fsck-root.service

/lib/systemd/system/checkroot.service -> remount-rootfs.service

This is just a symlink as synchronization point for LSB sysv services.

>> kmod.service                           static
>
> Should be redundant, done by systemd-modules-load.service, no?

/lib/systemd/system/kmod.service -> systemd-modules-load.service

same here

>> module-init-tools.service              static
>
> Obsoleted by kmod, no?

/lib/systemd/system/module-init-tools.service -> systemd-modules-load.service

same here

>> urandom.service                        static
>
> Hmm, this is already done by systemd-random-load.service, no?

/lib/systemd/system/urandom.service -> systemd-random-seed-load.service

same here

>>    712ms systemd-logind.service
>>    615ms console-kit-log-system-start.service
>
> No need for CK anymore, gdm and friends should support logind just
> fine.

gdm is currently not built with systemd support.

There are quite a few packages which don't support a runtime fallback
for CK, so we decided to stay with CK for wheezy.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?