[systemd-devel] systemd39: journald segfault brings down some user services

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 01:15:10 PST 2012

Am 9. März 2012 09:46 schrieb Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net>:

> Op 9 mrt. 2012, om 00:37 heeft David Lambert het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On 03/08/2012 03:07 PM, Warpme wrote:
>>>
>>> I haven't set any limits in journal.conf - so maybe I should set them. Unfortunately there is no man for this file (or I miss something) - so I prefer to first understand it then next modify content..
>>
>> Please see my earler post on guessing the journald.conf settings and large file sizes. Maybe we have a common problem here?
>
> I can confirm the large filesizes, even with xz compression enabled. What's the best way to debug this?

Have you build systemd with coredump enabled?
I had the same issue until I realized that systemd-coredump was
storing coredumps in the journal (my journal grew easily over 3 GB in
very short time this way).

The Debian package now builds with --disable-coredump.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?