[systemd-devel] special characters in console

Christian Hesse mail at eworm.de
Tue Mar 20 12:24:06 PDT 2012

Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> on Tue, 2012/03/20 18:16:
> I used to have problems with special characters in console, this
> includes German umlauts (ä, ö, ü & ß) and pseudo graphical stuff
> produced by pstree, tmux and friends.
>
> I fix to by appending " linux" to the agetty command in getty at .service.
> Is there anything wring with doing that? Patch is attached.

Ok, forget about it... Was confused by my habits.

It's independent from whether or not I give agetty a terminal via argument.
(Anything else should be very wired as "linux" is the default for linux
systemd. ;) )

The problem occurs on tty1. tty2 to tty6 are ok. So what is different with
tty1?
BTW, this is an Arch system.
--
Schoene Gruesse