[systemd-devel] systemd-logind.service failed

Sven Anders anders at anduras.de
Sun Mar 25 13:02:24 PDT 2012

Hello!

I'm trying to switch to systemd, but I have some minor problem.

"systemctl status systemd-logind.service" reports failure.
The error message is the following:

Linux/OS (d-login)[206]: Failed at step CAPABILITIES...

I made a strace on systemd and it seems, that the following
call fails:
prctl(0x18 /* PR_??? */, 0x24, 0, 0xbff824c0, 0x3) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)

I looked at the code and in execute.c I found a loop
 for (i = 0; i <= cap_last_cap(); i++)

cap_last_cap() uses the CAP_LAST_CAP define. Fine, this is set to 35 (0x23)

If I do a "cat /proc/sys/kernel/cap_last_cap" it returns 35 (ok, the same...)

So, why is the program trying to set 0x24?

(I'm tested this on the kernel version 3.2.2)

Maybe anyone has an idea?

Regards
 Sven Anders

--