[systemd-devel] systemd-journalctl Failed to iterate through journal: Cannot allocate memory

David Lambert dave at lambsys.com
Fri Mar 30 09:55:44 PDT 2012

Lennart,
     I think I found another clue. I noticed that the directory
/var/log/journal was being used in addition to /var/run/log/journal. I
do not want persistent logging, so I removed /var/log/journal. When I
did this, systemd-journalctl appeared to work correctly.
     Obviously I am mis-understanding (and mis-using) the journaling
features of systemd. Could you please point me to any overview of where
and how the journaling  sub-system stores its data?

Best regards,

Dave.