[systemd-devel] Unit configuration for FUSE file system

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Thu May 3 03:21:09 PDT 2012

2012/5/3 Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org>:
> Stef Bon <stefbon at gmail.com> writes:
>> That's why I advise to use a pidfile systemd can watch.
>
> I believe one of systemd's design goals is to actually get rid of pid
> files and related hacks. If I want to use systemd with a pidfile, I may
> just as well use systemd's sysvinit compatibility layer and stick with
> my traditional shell init script.

Well yes I understand.

Point is with your situation is that after it's umounted, the process
isn't terminated. It's doing "important things" (your own words).

Well that doesn't make the "mount" unit usefull.

I'm not aware on the capabilities of systemd too well, maybe one of
the entries like "ExecStop" in the service unit (see systemd.service)
maybe usefull. And maybe you have to set Requires=network.target in
the [Unit] part.

Stef