[systemd-devel] systemd-cgls - Memory overflow

Sven Anders anders at anduras.de
Thu May 10 14:30:26 PDT 2012

Am 10.05.2012 22:33, schrieb Michal Schmidt:
> On 05/10/2012 02:45 PM, Sven Anders wrote:
>> If I execute the "systemd-cgls" command, I see the tree but without
>> the command lines of the executables. I only see "n/a".
>
>> open("/proc/300/cmdline", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE|O_CLOEXEC) = 7
>> mmap2(NULL, 1075859456, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = -1 ENOMEM (Cann
>> ot allocate memory)
>
> Do you have the COLUMNS environment variable set to some interesting value? Does it work if you set it to something sane?:
> COLUMNS=80 systemd-cgls

COLUMNS is set to 80, so that's not the problem.

What I find curious is, that it reads the correct command line and then opens the
/proc file again, but this time it fails. What happened to the first read?

I checked the code, but could not see any reason for this on the first look.

I did not see any mmap in the code causing this nor any reason, why this should be
triggered by any libc function...

Regards
 Sven Anders

--