[systemd-devel] [HEADSUP] fstab now parsed by generator in systemd git

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue May 22 11:03:40 PDT 2012

Heya,

just a quick heads-up. I just commited to git some work that rips out
the fstab parsing from PID 1 and places this in a generator instead. The
idea is that sooner or later we only parse native unit files from PID 1,
and everything else is transformed as needed with generators. This makes
the core a bit smaller and simplifies a lot of things.

This is quite a substantial change, and hence I am not sure I got it all
right. I am writing this mail for two reasons: to warn you that current
git might break your boot more likely then usually, and secondly: please
test this, especially if you have a more complex setup with nofail,
noauto and x-systemd.automount in the mix!

Thank you,

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.