[systemd-devel] How to set complex environment for apache?

Joachim Banzhaf joachim.banzhaf at googlemail.com
Tue May 22 13:16:37 PDT 2012

Me again :)

I use apache to serve php pages that connect to a DB2 database via the
php_pdo interface.
For this to work, I have to set a DB2 specific environment.
To make that easy, there is a shell script provided that does the
necessary adjustments (db2profile).

With SysV init I sourced that script in /etc/sysctl/apache2 and all was
fine.
That does no longer work. I guess systemd interprets that file differently?
Are there alternatives? I mean, other than mimicking db2profile which
would need to be verifyed (and posibly adapted) after every software update.