[systemd-devel] pyload.service

Lucas De Marchi lucas.demarchi at profusion.mobi
Mon Nov 5 20:21:20 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Sw at g <sweetthdevil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> As a Archlinux user which adopted systemd for the best, I moved my system to
> it. I follow the wiki to start pyLoad as a service creating the following
> file:
> /etc/systemd/system/pyload.service (sweetth being my user)
>
> [Unit]
> Description=Downloadtool for One-Click-Hoster written in python.
> After=network.target
>
> [Service]
> Type=forking
> PIDFile=/run/pyload/pyload.pid

maybe it's a bug in how pyload is daemonize itself, or writting the
pidfile. It's simpler to just change type to simple (actually removing
the "Type=" line), and remove the PIDFile. Then, remove the --daemon
option like below:

> ExecStart=/usr/bin/pyLoadCore --daemon

ExecStart=/usr/bin/pyLoadCore

> KillSignal=SIGQUIT
> User=sweetth
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.targe

typo: multi-user.target

I just installed it here  and tested it works. I didn't really use it, though

Lucas De Marchi