[systemd-devel] systemd-way for initialization zram swap

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Nov 19 15:30:02 PST 2012

On Mon, 19.11.12 22:47, Maksim 'max_posedon' Melnikau (maxposedon at gmail.com) wrote:

> # cat /etc/fstab | grep swap
> /dev/zram0                                swap            swap
> sw,pri=1                                 0       0
> /dev/zram1                                swap            swap
> sw,pri=1                                 0       0
> /dev/zram2                                swap            swap
> sw,pri=1                                 0       0
> /dev/zram3                                swap            swap
> sw,pri=1                                 0       0

If this is upstream in the kernel I think the nicest way to handle this
would be to extend util-linux to learn a new "zram" option or so we can
just add to the fstab lines, which sets up everything as needed. This
would then be similar to /dev/loop may be handled through fstab.

Karel, does that make sense to you?

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.