[systemd-devel] Systemd

David Humphreys dave at datatone.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 00:43:05 PST 2012

I am just starting to experiment with systemd.

My first 'problem' is that the build process does not seem to properly
obey the --prefix= directive.

I get some stuff installed where I tell it with --prefix, and some other
stuff installed in /usr/bin and /usr/lib.

I can get around this easily enough, but it maybe should be fixed. I
hate it when installs put stuff anywhere other than where directed: it
makes it immensely more difficult to maintain visibility of what is
going on.

Thank you.

By the way, my first boot with /sbin/init symlinked to 'systemd'
executable; and without any other configuration at all didn't complete
the boot (as expected), but did produce intelligent and intelligible
messages, so I am greatly heartened and quite excited!

Regards,
David