[systemd-devel] udev 182 and kernel 3.6.7

Nelson dimm0k at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 10:44:41 PST 2012

Using udevadm as you suggested yielded some interesting results.  Under
kernel 3.6.7 70-persistent-cd.rules does in fact get loaded, however
ID_PATH is no longer exported, which is what 70-persistent-cd.rules uses to
identify the DVD-ROM on my system.  While I am able to get udev working
properly with ENV{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}, I was wondering if the lack of ID_PATH
is because of a turned off option in the kernel or the removal of it?