[systemd-devel] [RELEASE] systemd 194

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Oct 3 13:05:08 PDT 2012

Heya,

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-194.tar.xz

CHANGES WITH 194:

        * If /etc/vconsole.conf is non-existent or empty we will no
          longer load any console font or key map at boot by
          default. Instead the kernel defaults will be left
          intact. This is definitely the right thing to do, as no
          configuration should mean no configuration, and hard-coding
          font names that are different on all archs is probably a bad
          idea. Also, the kernel default key map and font should be
          good enough for most cases anyway, and mostly identical to
          the userspace fonts/key maps we previously overloaded them
          with. If distributions want to continue to default to a
          non-kernel font or key map they should ship a default
          /etc/vconsole.conf with the appropriate contents.

        Contributions from: Colin Walters, Daniel J Walsh, Dave
        Reisner, Kay Sievers, Lennart Poettering, Lukas Nykryn, Tollef
        Fog Heen, Tom Gundersen, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.