[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] man/sd_journal_query_unique.xml

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Thu Oct 18 12:19:52 PDT 2012

Hi,
some small problems:

/bin/ld: warning: using 'LIBSYSTEMD_JOURNAL_38' as version for 'sd_journal_query_unique' which is also named in version 'LIBSYSTEMD_JOURNAL_195' in script
/bin/ld: warning: using 'LIBSYSTEMD_JOURNAL_38' as version for 'sd_journal_enumerate_unique' which is also named in version 'LIBSYSTEMD_JOURNAL_195' in script
/bin/ld: warning: using 'LIBSYSTEMD_JOURNAL_38' as version for 'sd_journal_restart_unique' which is also named in version 'LIBSYSTEMD_JOURNAL_195' in script

Those symbols were added long time ago, and then commented out in the
.c and .h files in 19a2bd80, but not in the .sym file. I'm not sure
what the correct solution is here (remove them from
LIBSYSTEMD_JOURNAL_38 ?).

Compiling the example from the man pages:
list.c:21:20: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘sd_journal_enumerate_unique’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
In file included from list.c:3:0:
/usr/include/systemd/sd-journal.h:123:5: note: expected ‘const void **’ but argument is of type ‘const char **’

Using const char** in the API seems nicer.

I'm also pushing an addition of _public_ to sd_journal_restart_unique. The
example doesn't want to compile otherwise.

Zbyszek