[systemd-devel] What exactly does 'systemctl hibernate/suspend' do? Request for better documentation.

Jakob Hetzelein nasenatmer at posteo.de
Mon Oct 29 03:24:36 PDT 2012

Dear devs,

I appreciate your work and enjoy getting rid of the one or other package
which is not necessary anymore since its functionality is included in
systemd.

However, in the area of suspend/hibernate, I think it would be helpful,
if the man pages would include more nformation as to which command is
used to send the system into suspend/hibernate mode. And be it only the
line "echo disk > /sys/power/state".

Such basic information is necessary for users to know what is hapenning
under the hood and whether it is necessary to amend this default
behaviour or not if they wish to.

Thanks very much!

Jakob
--
Digitally signed with PGP key 0x3D23016E