[systemd-devel] [Feature Request] GET before SET watchdog timeout setting on IPMI compatible hardware

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Tue Sep 11 02:32:08 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:34:12AM +0530, Charles_Rose at Dell.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> IPMI watchdog hardware on servers can be configured outside the /dev/watchdog interface[1].

 "A watchdog timer is provided that implements the Linux-standard
watchdog timer interface. "
  What's wrong with ipmi_watchdog module? We should standarise interfaces, not support
many similar-yet-different APIs.

--
Tomasz Torcz              ,,If you try to upissue this patchset I shall be seeking
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   an IP-routable hand grenade.'' -- Andrew Morton (LKML)