[systemd-devel] [RFC] logind lid switch inhibitors

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 18 10:28:55 PDT 2012

Hi Lennart

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> Heya,
> We'd now like to propose the following new logic to deal with both these
> issues:
>
> - logind from now on handles lid switch/suspend key/power key in all
>   cases, even if a graphical DE is running. In fact, any special handling
>   of graphical DEs in logind is removed entirely.

I don't use any DEs but often close the lid while some background job
is running (compiler or whatever). Does that mean systemd would
suspend the machine in this case? I don't think I can convince the GCC
people to use systemd inhibitors (or do they already provide that?).
I would actually like to see an option (probably
/etc/systemd/logind.conf) that disables this automatic
power-management.

Or do you intend to add a special target "lid-close.target" and pull
in a system-suspend via "wants"? This would allow me to simply disable
the system-suspend via systemctl but still be able to add other stuff
there.

Regards
David