[systemd-devel] Cryptsetup on FakeRAID fails with timeout

Ali Lown ali at lown.me.uk
Sat Sep 22 04:43:04 PDT 2012

I waited until the weekend so I could take down the devices briefly.
After converting to use md instead, I can confirm that systemd is
working fine with automounting the luks partition and correctly asking
for a passphrase.

The migration I used was:
dmraid -an #disable dmraid devices
mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 --metadata=0.90
/dev/sdb /dev/sdc
I chose to use v0.9 since I wanted kernel autodetect with needing to
maintain an initramfs as well.

Currently the disks are resyncing (and will be for the next few hours).

Shall I take this as a sign that dmraid is being deprecated in the linux world?