[systemd-devel] Have timers fire after boot is complete

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Sep 27 05:20:20 PDT 2012

'Twas brillig, and Christian Seiler at 27/09/12 09:33 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello,
>
> one of the most-requested features that is not present in systemd
> currently is a true rc.local-type functionality that runs after all
> other services.
>
> I haven't read all past discussions, but from what I've gathered the
> main objection from the systemd developers is that having a catch-all
> After=* dependency would not be the sane thing to do.

Can you just use a Type=idle unit?

>From man systemd.service:

  Behavior of idle is very similar to simple, however actual execution
of a the service binary is delayed
  until all jobs are dispatched. This may be used to avoid interleaving
of output of shell services with the
  status output on the console.

This isn't necessarily guaranteed to be last but I think it would
generally be the case... unless I've misunderstood it.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie