[systemd-devel] when will mount / df get fixed?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Sep 29 10:36:54 PDT 2012

Am 29.09.2012 19:25, schrieb Colin Guthrie:
> 'Twas brillig, and Reindl Harald at 29/09/12 17:28 did gyre and gimble:
>> will this behavior get fixed in my lifetime?
>> the alias for "df" is a dirty solution
>>
>> over many many years you did not need to take care
>> about a large amount of mount-binds - since systemd
>> was introduced in Fedora 15 it is unusable
>>
>> guys who introduce changes in the whole system
>> should also take care to fix the negative impacts
>> or if this is not possible not change things which
>> are not broken
>>
>> [root at arrakis:~]$ /bin/df | wc -l
>> 121
>>
>> [root at arrakis:~]$ alias df
>> alias df='df -hT | grep -v tmpfs | grep -v cifs | grep -v /usr/local/sftp-homes | grep -v rootfs | grep -v
>> /var/named/chroot | grep -v /var/tmp'
>
> A neater df alias is:
>
> alias df='df -hT -x tmpfs -x cifs -x rootfs | grep -vE
> "^(/usr/local/sftp-homes|var/named/chroot|/var/tmp)"'

the problem is that ANY alias is a dirty workaround

ssh root at host "df" does ignore aliases
and YES this is very useful if you have a central admin-server
and distribute commandos over the whole infrastructure

W HY are such changes introduced without any care about the
negative impact over years?!

> As for the output from "mount" itself, I would suggest this should
> remain as it is. As a sysadmin I want to see the mounts, not hide them
> because they look ugly.

you missunderstood me

that all mount are in the output is OK
BUT all the years there was a hint taht it is a bind-mount
since systemd/F15 there is no difference