[systemd-devel] [opensuse-kernel] New mount restriction?

Tetsuo Handa penguin-kernel at I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp
Tue Apr 9 05:15:54 PDT 2013

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> This seems to be yest another fallout of changed systemd policy - it
> now makes / shared mount.
>
> bor at opensuse:~> sudo mount --move /tmp/old /tmp/new
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /tmp/old,
>        missing codepage or helper program, or other error
>        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>        dmesg | tail or so
> bor at opensuse:~> sudo mount --make-private /
> bor at opensuse:~> sudo mount --move /tmp/old /tmp/new
> bor at opensuse:~> cd

OK. Changing mount flags solves this problem.

Current way of mounting seems to be breaking not only "mount --move" but also
"pivot_root".

linux:~ # /usr/bin/newns /sbin/pivot_root /proc/ /proc/self/
Starting /sbin/pivot_root
pivot_root: failed to change root from `/proc/' to `/proc/self/': Invalid argument
linux:~ # mount --make-private /
linux:~ # mount --make-private /proc/
linux:~ # /usr/bin/newns /sbin/pivot_root /proc/ /proc/self/
Starting /sbin/pivot_root
linux:~ #