[systemd-devel] Lid close event delivered delayed

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Apr 17 08:31:14 PDT 2013

On Wed, 17.04.13 17:20, Jan Engelhardt (jengelh at inai.de) wrote:

> On Wednesday 2013-04-17 16:42, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >On Wed, 17.04.13 06:58, Jan Engelhardt (jengelh at inai.de) wrote:
> >
> >Well, the current logic is that we suspend when the lid is
> >closed,[...] Lid switch inhibitor locks are currently per-VT, i.e. a
> >lock taken by GNOME is considered irrelevant if you switch away from
> >GNOME.[...] So in order to make sure the lid switch suspend works
> >fine even when you happen to switch away from GNOME logind will
> >handle it then.
>
> That reasoning is perfectly fine; the problem is that logind
> acts upon a physical lid state change from the distant past.

Well, it is level-triggered, not edge-triggered. If the lid is closed
and a lock released we immediately act and suspend. That's the only
reliable and safe way to do that.

Or are you saying that you had an X session running which took the lock,
then closed and reopened the lid, and when you then switched to a VT the
machine was suspended?

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.